Help me fund the very last part of our big school project, which we've been working on relentlessly for more than 2 years. I'm at the school site RIGHT NOW working with my own (very unskilled) hands to help finalise the construction. This project means a lot to me, and I need £1500 to fund additional costs for safety railings and plantation to ensure the kids don't fall down the steep parts of the school site
Today Sunday 25 March, we arrived in Melamchi, met the kids and saw the progress of the school, and I'm really REALLY proud of what we've done with East Point Academy
We've spent the good part of two years doing what no other charity in Nepal has done before, which is turning a well functioning private school into a charitable trust, and then building a new school for them. Since the earthquake the kids have been taught in temporary bambu shelters, often under very harsh weather conditions, and they really deserve a break. The school is run by the community and operates a very humane financial model where 80% of the families pay tution (the ones which can afford it), which subsidizes the remaining 20% of the families who otherswise could not afford education for their kids.
What we've done to date:
Every little bit helps!
Our £500 challenge
All donors helping us with £500 or more contribution will forever be remembered in the local community as we will create an art piece on the school grounds and write everyone's name as a reminder of all the kind hearts that helped us make this a reality.
For more information, including timeline, construction plans, and budget, please click here: https://goo.gl/Gnswzk
Donations to this fundraiser are dedicated, but not restricted to, the construction of East Point Academy. In the event of any savings or overfunding, The AOKC may use the surplus at our discretion, to maximimize the impact within the communities we are active in.*